Wednesday, May 9, 2012

SHE’S MY QUEEN MOTHER



Bearing a sweet scented name of the Holy Book
From cradle an angel sent on earth
To bear the pangs of childbirth to Greats
She’s none but my Queen Mother-A pillar

Like a tender plant she sequentially navigates through life
From stage of birth to grace a mother of all nation
Once a pretty baby, now a woman of virtue
She’s none but my angelic mother-a shelter

Her husband looked, saw and conquered her in love
Gave all to build but a paradise here on earth
Strenuously strives for her children wellbeing
She’s none but one an only Queen Mother-a rock

Symmetrically raised us-a whole wild world to brave
Fought our battles-only on her knees she won
Jealously guarding-our good and lives to secure
She’s none but my indefatigable Queen Mother-of my heart

Gave us hope when life seems unsure
Gallantly on her knees praying for Divine love and care
Faithfully moulding our life towards our destiny here on earth
No one can be like you oh my Queen mother so graciously adored

What I am today and what I shall always be
I owe it all to you-cause you are God-given to your children
If not for your loving care-where would have been my home?
None like you oh my Queen mother- par excellence

Your early morning words of wisdom-my compass be
Leading me untoward the path of grace
Your disciplinary measures so earlier in life to save from evil traps
Now I will appreciate you Mother-my role model, my love

Let me praise your sterling qualities now-you are worthy of our adoration
What can I give to compensate for your firm love and volition?
Nothing in precious treasures of earth can fill your love void in my heart
A mother so sweet, so dear and good

Now I’m made- a grown man I am
Shall repay you your virtuosity patterning my home after this similitude
With a maiden so beautifully endowed as you do-that’s always your dream Mama
I pray God’s long life, good health for you and your darling husband
God’s mercies and prosperity attend to you daily-my Queen Mother Dorathy F. J. Akpan….
I LOVE YOU MUM.


1 comment: