Thursday, May 17, 2012

CALABAR, OH MY CANAAN HOME!!!







Calabar, my sweet happy peaceful home
A land where tranquility reign supreme
A place epitomizing what a paradise is
A home so grandeur, so sweet, so beautifully endowed.

Calm atmospheric air-from nature, a gift so lofty
Clean and green-scenery so fragrantly imbued
Cool natural weather-man’s original homelike Eden’s
Celsiusly blessed each passing hour-Calabar my city, Canaan Home

Calabar, as a lamp on a hill, Canaanland-appeals to the minds & souls
Tickling the heartbeats, ennobling the senses,-sophistry so beautifully adorned
Wonderful sights to behold-peaceful nature resuscitates, elongate lifespan
Like Canaan of old spilling milk & honey-inhabitants shines in smile like morning stars

Calabar, the land of my birth-a city of great men-shall I raise my offsprings rejoicing
In this paradise on earth-place of civilization rebirth- can I ever forget you?
Reminiscence of my childhood days-a joy of fulfillment envelopes and thrills my soul
Whenever on return home, Calabar!-anxieties flee, recreating, body resurrects, re-lives

Calabar, I shall soon retire to return-after my years of sojourn and endless foray in the wild
To a land so blessed, so dear, so adoring, to a living heart-reviving the ingenuity of my whole being
Calabar! My soul still longs, pants for you-after cease of labour to retire to rest in this land of fulfillment
Calabar!! A model city of our time-peaceful disposition of your people uplifts dying souls.

1 comment: