Friday, April 13, 2012

“I”




                                                      
‘I’, a singular letter so powerful to destroy
The mortal being who engages against the creator
Thinking’ I will be like my creator
So much he lost his place honour to destroy

I will overthrow the Creator and take charge
I will claim the Creator’s creatures and so control
I will rise above the Creator and so topple Him
I will rule with pride what I never created

A pride so subtly destroying the haughty
A pride so conspicuously debasing the righteous
A pride so dangerously uproots peace and breathes chaos
I will selfishly acquire what’s never mine

If you boast of your strength- I glory in the knowledge of my King
If you boast of your power- I glory in Divine grace and might
Rather than “I will”- why not “by God’s will”
God’s leading is sure-man’s pride a death trap

As for me- I can do all things through Christ
As for me- God’s will is supreme in all things
As for me-His grace is sufficient
A borrowed life I live from the creator-grace alone my unfading crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment