Monday, January 23, 2012

THE UPWARD LOOK



Aftermath of failures cum losses
Aftermath of distress cum disasters
Aftermath of anguish cum penury
Aftermath of confusion cum perplexities

A time of so many whys
A time of so many anxieties
A time of great controversies
A time of untold afflictions

Looking up! I murmured my rhetoric
Of reasons the ALMIGHTY seems afar off
Skeptics explanations a mere rhetoric
Why, seems an unlikely question God answers

It seems my experiences nothing compares
When in conflicts, seems the ALMIGHTY not bigger as my complaints
When comfort, encouragements elude me-taunts more
Return, my child, your safety cum breakthroughs surer than ever-echoed from on high

Turn and look up-He is ever-present
Turn and look up-His loving arms open wide with love
Turn and look-His marbled Word from the Book incontrovertible
Turn and look-salvation nearer than ever imagined
Omnipotent-so powerful is He-past finding out
Omnipresent-everywhere is He –even in pestilences
Omniscient-answers all things-perplexities, difficulties, controversies
Alpha & Omega-the One who begins, ends.

I may be afflicted, not crushed
I may be perplexed, not despair
I may be persecuted, not forsaken
I may be down, not destroyed

When my emotions changed-He is there
When my passion dies-He refreshes
When my burdens weigh me down-He gives me rest
When I’m lost – He gives direction, vision, guide and a future

He will come to me-when I want Him not
He is closer to me when downhearted-even in crushed spirit
He is so loving-even when I desire Him not
Where else can I turn to? Except,-THE UPWARD LOOK…

courtesy:Aniekanabasi 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment